Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Lowlife to Millionare to Lowlife: Intro

   My name is Thomas and was once on the run. I been trying to outrun the cops by running off to different states and countries. I was involved in the big fraud/robbery on some big dollar company . Unfortunately I was caught and brought to justice. Now i'm living in this 6 by 6 feet jail cell with no chance of ever seeing the world again.
    It was the year 2006 and I was about 19 years old with no clear future, whatsoever. My life was a downfall at the time. My parents died within 2 months and my only brother Jake was killed in Afghanistan by a hostile attack. With that my life was emotionally damage and it was too much to handle. Today I  woke up see the birds chirping some annoying tune that brings anger to my life. Then I stumbled to the kitchen with a vein popping headache, from drinking too much the night before. Anyways I walk to the kitchen trying to recall the events of last night. Then suddenly my phone starts to ring out some annoying tune. With no care I pick up the phone.
   “Ehh is this thomas?” A dark low voice came from the other end.
“Yeah, what do you need?” I said while trembling.
  “You need to come down to Harrison road and stop by the Old Comic factory with broken windows panels and with crackling paint. Ok You got that?” He said in a hostile way.
  Before I can say something the phone line went dead. So I try to puzzle what had just happened. I don’t know the other voice on the other line because his voice was all deformed. He told me to go to the Old Comic Factory which is mostly used by gangs as hide outs or used to store high dollar drugs. Also the factory is located in the slummy part of Kirksville, so it tells everything.
  Ok its 15 minutes till 7, I think I should go and start getting ready. I slowly put on a threadbare T shirt with several coffee stains, that looks like I got it from a dumpster. Later I put on an old pair of Nikes with a faded swoosh symbol. “Ok thomas don't do anything stupid or you be killed” I said silently. With that I walk over to the door and I slowly turn the knob. I take one small step and suddenly two guys with black suits approach me! With great fear I try to run away but I then feel a great number of pain being put in my body. I quickly fall on the gravel and then I start to black out. ‘We explain later” I heard one of the men say. Seconds later I fully black out.


                                            To be continued

3 comments:

  1. That was good, But I thought he was in Jail. Then out of no where he was out? Good story but confused! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good story I liked how you started it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good question, Weston. I'm thinking that the jail cell scene is where he is telling the story from....like he's just introducing the reader to the narrator. But the actual story he is telling takes place before he goes to jail...like a flashback that shows the reader how he got sent to jail.

    ReplyDelete