Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Suvive.

  Here I am again. All lonely here in a world built for Billions of people but only one inhabits it. Everyday I miss my family and all the great times we had spent. But look at me now, I have gone crazy and had died emotionally inside. Ever sense the whole world has started to die off the whole population has been wiped off the earth. Now let me start at the time before the virus broke out and killed the whole population.
  It was the year of 2035, the year was still fresh in my mind. That was the year that the whole world started to go crazy because of the latest headlines. At the time I was 15, schools couldn't be accessed because many students were infected and the virus can be quickly spread by just simply talking. I was one of the lucky ones because My brother worked at the government lab at Boston that was preparing to ship out mass numbers of medicine. He took advantage of this and he stole a crate full. When he came home he had a such a happy expression on his face and I knew what that meant.
  We opened a black market business at a black market in the outskirts of Boston. We sold the stolen medicine trying to get enough money to get a flight to, New Franklin, that was created by the government created to house several important people. Months past and I left the place and I left the place to my brother. Later that day the government raided the place and shot the poor guy, basically I made it out in time. Good thing I kept some bottles to my self. There I was all alone.
  Man, I'm not going to lie but I cried my eyes out because of my brother’s death. I don't have time to cry, I need to keep on going on live up the family name. I came to a choice that I will go to New Franklin, no matter what it takes and nothing will stop me.
  It was the summer of the year 2037. The World population has fallen flat to a population of 2 billion. Yeah two years before the population was 7 billion. Well we all know what killed the population. After government got the shock many women were forced to go to hospitals to get pregnant, trying to build up our population back up. Many people got angry and started to loot and burn places down in response to that. I decided to go with the grain and loot some several items from stores. When I get the money from the profits, I put it under my shoe because there is no such thing as banks now in days.
  Several weeks pass and many people have started to use violence in their never ending protests trying to get the national view. In response the government laid of the whole budget for the whole police force  because they thought there was no point in stopping the never ending protest.
  The next day woke up to the sound of multiple gunshots and screams. In shock I quickly grabbed my old brother’s jacket and grabbed a random pair of jeans and quickly headed outside to see what was happening. What I saw was unbelievable. There was big splats of blood on the streets and dozens of government officials lying lifeless on the streets. There was an uprising taken place right in front of me.
  With this it convinced me to go back to my apartment and quickly get my stuff and flee the place. On my way out I saw a disturbing sence. There was this strong muscular man that was going crazy (maybe because of the virus)  pointing a small brown compact pistol at some random person’s head and he was shouting “Please... spare my life... I give you anything... just name it.” the random guy said hopefully. His mournful cries ended with a sound of a bullet. Man! What has this world turned to! I understand but whats with killing people just for fun.
  It was the spring of 2038 and things have not gotten better. More and more are dieing off.  WHO (World Health Organization) has sent their quarterly report to the government and the world population has hit under the 10 million mark. With this, world governments have come to a choice to just simply shut down government operations. The president made a formal announcement on one of the big screens in time square stating that the United States of America has had a good run by now its closing its doors for good. For the fallowing days also many countries have also sent messages about their countries also getting shut down.   
 For weeks there is nothing but vacant buildings and the sound of wind flowing through my ears.  There is no sign of human activity so I decided to scrap my former plans and to just find some city to call my own. Past Rumors are said that the City of Atlanta is empty has many resources like food and abandoned housing.
 That's were I am now, living in the roots of Atlanta. This area is just full of gloomy and dead feelings combined in one. On the daily basis I see old rotted steel carcasses of cars and once thriving communities turned into a wastelands of junk and the former foundations of houses. Everyday I go out and see what I can savage from water to food, to anything. Presence of former life here just haunts my imagination everyday. Its a really terrible feeling that is eating apart of me.Everyday I ponder this unanswered question: Why was I chosen to be one of the last alive and to suffer with this awful pain?

No comments:

Post a Comment